Forage, explore, hike, paddle, learn...and have fun!
We invite you to connect with the Driftless Area and resource experts through our 2019 field trips. Full details and directions will be provided via email to those who register. Some trips have limited capacity.
Check out the Events PDF or click on the field trip(s) listed below for more details.
Register for Events
Lowery Creek Watershed Initiative Evenings Afield
The Lowery Creek Watershed Initiative is a grassroots effort to proactively preserve and enhance the environment and quality of life in this unique area. DALC, Taliesin, Iowa County’s Land Conservation Department, and several landowners are taking the lead by coordinating education, water monitoring, mapping, land stewardship, and community building activities.
DALC is taking a leading role in the Lowery Creek Watershed Initiative because of our strong belief in the positive, long-term impact of community-based conservation.
Residents area-wide are invited to attend our monthly two-hour field trips we call Evenings Afield. They are a chance to learn from experts and each other, socialize, and have fun. This year's sessions are:
- Grazing for Healthy Beef, Streams and Trout ( May 16, 6-8pm; Cates Family Farm, 5992 Hwy TZ, Spring Green)
- Creating Pollinator Habitat (July 11, 6-8pm; 6106 Hillside School Road, Spring Green)
- Oak Savanna Ecology and Restoration (August 22, 6-8pm; 5475 County Road Z, Spring Green)
- Controlling Invasive Species (August 26, 6-8pm; Taliesin Visitor Center, Spring Green)
- Researching Your Property's History (September 19, 6-8pm; Unity Chapel, 6596 County Hwy TZ, Spring Green)
For full details, check out the Evenings Afield PDF.
To register, please complete this simple "Evenings Afield" Registration Form. Sessions are free, but we encourage a free-will donation of $10/person/session for ages 16+, collected on site.